A New Look Galaxie on illico New Generation
June 1, 2012
Galaxie now offers a new look for subscribers of the new, advanced illico New Generation platform across the province of Quebec. The service, offered in the digital basic package, includes 45 music channels, with no ads and no talk. The new interface was a joint project in collaboration with Videotron and Stingray Digital.
The enhancements include: the album cover image on screen with song information, a different background image by musical genre, the details of the upcoming song and the channel name and number. In addition, the new service offers a screen saver mode to prevent burn-in on certain television sets. To access the new interface, Galaxie listeners with the illico New Generation service just need to tune to their favourite Galaxie channel between 501 and 545.
« We are proud to have worked in collaboration with Videotron on this exciting project, » explains Eric Boyko, President of Stingray Digital. “The subscribers to the Videotron service will now enjoy an enhanced music listening experience with a more visually appealing design on the Galaxie channels they already love,” he adds.
About Galaxie, Your Musical Universe
The Galaxie music service, owned by Stingray Digital, is available in over 10 million television homes in North America, South America and the Caribbean. Galaxie music channels on TV, offers a broad selection of music to please all tastes and for all occasions. The Galaxie service includes up to 100 music channels programmed by experts in a variety of genres including: Rock, Pop, Classical, Jazz, Country and more. It is a perfect mix of continuous music with no ads and no talk. Galaxie is included as part of the basic television service on digital cable, on satellite, via Internet Protocol Television (IPTV), on broadband and on mobile. Visit galaxie.ca for more information.
About Stingray Digital Group
Stingray Digital is the leading multi-platform music service provider in the world, with more than 70 million subscribers in 48 different countries. Our properties include:
· Galaxie, the leading digital music service on TV in Canada and in the US (www.galaxie.ca)
· The KARAOKE Channel, the world’s largest licensed karaoke library and karaoke service on TV and Internet (www.thekaraokechannel.com)
· Music Choice Europe, the leading digital music service on TV in Europe and Africa (www.musicchoiceinternational.com)
· Concert TV, a video-on-demand service distributed to 45 million homes in the US and in Canada (www.concerttv.com)
· Stingray360, a leader in sensorial marketing solutions for business (www.stingray360.com)
· Stingray Music, music licensing for film, television, advertising and other (www.stingray-music.com)
Stingray Digital is financially backed by Telesystem and Novacap. Headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, the company has 200 employees in offices across Canada and additional offices in Los Angeles, and London, England. For more information, visit www.stingraydigital.com.
For more information, please contact:
Gary Pelletier, Vice President of Marketing